Posted on May 16th, 2008
A few weeks late, but the second open wine night is Wednesday, 28th May, Fallon & Byrne, from 7pm.
Not sure what open wine nights are?
How does it work?
- Show up (please leave a comment below, to give me an idea of numbers).
- Buy a bottle (corkage may be waived, I’ll try and swing it again with the nice peeps at Fallon & Byrne)
- Open it, taste it and talk about it, with others
Is there a theme to the wine tasting?
Yes, a loose theme this time (perhaps even two). Last time we defaulted into a Pinot Noir taste-off.
As we’ve had just spiffing weather over the last few weeks and thoughts are all of summer, we’ll go with some whites. Depending on who shows up, we can fix the theme on the night.
Some wine tasting theme ideas:
- Comparing Chenin Blancs from the Loire versus South Africa (Caroline Byrne’s suggestion)
- Comparing Chardonnay from Chablis, other white Burgundies with those of the “new world”.
- A Riesling Renaissance: Riesling is back, comparing those from Germany, Alsace and those from South Australia
If you’d like to come put a comment below with a preferred theme, if you have one.