Posted on April 17th, 2008
It was a great night, with a nice mix of people, some I knew well, others I met for the first time. Rather than the wines, it was the people who made it such an enjoyable evening, so thank you to all who came.
All in all, there were about fifteen people, with varying interest in wine, again something which added to the evening.
So, thanks a million to all who came and a special thank you to Michael and everyone in Fallon & Byrne who kept an endless supply of wine glasses coming and, of course, for the generous waiving of corkage.
What about the wines?
And onto the wines from the night (at least those I recall)
- Volnay Premier Cru (Vincent Girgardin) 2004
- A Pinot Gris from Alsace
- Hatter’s Hill (Delta Vineyards), Marlborough, NZ
Earth’s EndWild Earth, Central Otago, NZ
- Firesteed, Oregon, USA 2002
- A Morey-Saint-Denis 2005
- A red Rioja – lovely
- A white Rioja – also lovely
- Mirabile – a white from Sicily
- An Argentian Malbec
- A Chianti Classico, Tuscany