Posted on June 14th, 2010
Some of the vinous highlights from the Taste of Dublin festival.
- Rosemount Show Reserve Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon 2002 giving us a taste of what Rosemount could really do for us if it got on with winemaking rather than making silly square bottles.
- Penfolds Koonunga Hill “Seventy Six” 2008 and its retro label from 1976
- Penfolds Kalimna Shiraz 2004 from the Barossa
- Jacob’s Creek Blanc de Blancs – brilliant bubbles
- L.A. Cetto Petite Syrah, Mexico from Mitchell & Sons (Mexico has been making wine since the 1520′s – old world or new?)
- Another from Mitchell & Sons, the Château de Caunettes, AOC Cabardès, Rosé 2009 – rose petals and wonderful fruit from this wonderful appelation near Carcassone
- Paco & Lola Albarino – a superstar in the making.
- A fantastic and eclectic French collection from frenchwines.ie