Posted on December 10th, 2007
Saved in White wine, €10-€15
How did it taste?
- Smells of: Apple, citrus
- Tastes of: A little bit “pineappley” and very sharp, dry & crisp, strong acidity with a little bit of minerals in there somewhere. Reminds me of the Hewitson Eden Valley Riesling I had recently
- Booze content: 11.5% ABV
- Bought from Drinkstore, Manor Street, Stoneybatter, (€14.95)
- Also available from sublimewines.ie
Albarino and Rias Baixas factoids
- Albarino is the main grape in the Rias Baixas region (don’t ask me to pronounce it, though)
- Rias Baixas is a wine region in northwest Spain (Galicia provence), just above Portugal.
View Rias Baixas on a Google Map